Monday, May 24, 2010

Doubles it is.....

I was looking through my scrap page folder on my hard-drive the other day & I realized I have tons of pages that I haven't ever posted anywhere before. For no other reason but...lack of time, or lack of motivation.....or just plain laziness. So I thought time to upload some of them in the hope that they might inspire you in a small way.

Working for CK means I mostly scrap doubles....using standard photo sizes..... demographic & all that. Initially it was seriously out of my comfort zone, then I sort of clicked, & got how best to do them in a way that I found inspiring & easy to visualize. I realized that 17 x 11" was 'MY" size. I love this size....not only is it easier to send (mail) but I find i can 'see' the pages as a 'single page' as opposed to a double page when planning my page maps.

Here are couple I did, at the time when I was still getting into my 'doubles groove' so to speak.

'He's like a fortune cookie'- A page to remind me of some of the wise & hysterical things said by Max during most car trips. My journal strips were printed to resemble fortune cookie fortunes.
(Cardstock: American crafts, Patterned papers: Fancy pants, Pebbles Inc, Jilli Bean Soup, Accents: American crafts, Hambly, Fancy Pants, Alphas: Pink Paislee)



'ART'- Max is always leaving his sculptures around the house. I have been reminded on numerous occasions not to touch them because they are, 'My ART Mama'.
(Cardstock: American crafts, Patterned paper: Bella Boulevard, American crafts, Pink Paislee, Transparency trim: Fancy Pants, Rub-ons: Hambly, Buttons: Close to my Heart, Punches: Fiskars, Title: Making Memories Slice, Galaxy white marker: American crafts)

'Secret garden'- We love going here in Spring when the Lilies are in full bloom. Given that it is always deserted when we go there, we called it our secret garden. I tried my hand at making paper pieces Arum lilies...it was a lot fun & simple too.
(Cardstock: American crafts, Patterned papers: Lily Bee, American Crafts, Dragon fly: Cocoa Daisy kits, Title: Slice by Making Memories)

Well I have loads more where these came from, I plan to post more over the next little while. So make sure to stop by again!
Happy Monday to you all.
KJ