Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Loving patterned paper!

I have a special love for patterned paper & enjoy the challenge of mixing patterns, colors & suppliers together in a way that eventually says...wow! Over the years I have gotten more confident when mixing unorthodox patterns & designs. It has become more of a feel than a science.
How do you go about choosing which patterns to combine together? Do you stick to collections or suppliers or is it by design type or color, or is it whatever is lying close to the top of the pile on your scrap table. I'd love to know.

Here are a few examples for you to enjoy:

Vintage nut by Kim Watson
I used a huge collection of American crafts loveliness here, from their Junior line.

**As seen in the  Tips & Tricks Paper, Special issue 2010 of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

You & Me by Kim Watson

**As seen in the  Tips & Tricks Paper, Special issue 2010 of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

Know this by Kim Watson

**As seen in the Tips & Tricks Paper, Special issue 2010 of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

For this page I hauled out my stamps & fancy stamp markers courtesy of American Crafts & Close to my Heart. They really give a new angle to stamping by allowing multi-colors to be added to one stamp. I'm a convert to stamping because of them!

Thanks for stopping by!
KJ

7 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your pages are fabulous!!!! I just love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! LOVE your layouts!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning...you have such a wonderful eye for design and for what goes well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowers! These pages are exceptional! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely have a knack for mixing patterned papers... your layouts are gorgeous.

    I must admit that I tend to mix too... though not always successfully. Sometimes it's by manufacturer/collection and sometimes it's by colour. It really depends on the theme of the layout. And also, some mixes work and some don't... but once done it's done... I don't do do-overs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at this matching thing, love them all Kim...♥♥♥

    P.S. I TOTALLY AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR BAG YOU DID FOR AC, are you taking orders, I would totally love one for my birthday from me to me...wink wink!!! I am serious GF!!! Those colours are just perfect too...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super layouts, all of them Kim!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!