Friday, November 01, 2013

Christmas came early Fancy Pants Designs.

Christmas has come early this year in my craft room with the NEW Fancy Pants 'Merry Little Christmas collection'. Unpacking my box of stash was so cool. The great papers & funky embellishments were so easy to craft with, I have x2 more pages almost finished, which I hopefully will post during the course of the weekend.


Once laid out on my background page,  the elements immediately sparked the idea to try a grid design. This is how my page turned out.

Best Day Ever by Kim Watson
I created little clusters within the over-all 'grid type' design. Sequins add flashes of twinkle as well as a grounding visual triangle within the layout.


Pops of black are a great way to create visual anchor points.  I used some awesome new steel dies from Technique Tuesday! 
Don't you just LOVE the new veneer die cut titles? Fancy Pants Designs has a bunch of great versatile veneer designs to choose from. 

I have a little some special for YOU today, I put this FREE 12x12 page sketch together based on my page. I  hope you find it fun to try out! If you use it, remember to link me up to your post so I can check out your creative work.


Remember it is sometimes the smallest things that bring joy. 

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome page design, Kim!! Love how you used the new collection and the fun wood veneer piece for your title, and lots of fun embellishing!!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!