Do you know Technique Tuesday has the most awesome metal dies & stamp sets?? I created this card using some of them. Inspired by a talented Aussie scrapper, Lizzie...I thought I'd try my hand at going Native.
You are so Totally Awesome card by Kim Watson
Finished size: 6x4"
Supplies: (Cardstock card blank: DCWV, Plain cardstock: Stamping Up, Spray Mist: Ranger, Wooden button: Bella Boulevard, Sentiment Stamp: (You are Awesome) Technique Tuesday, Chalk Ink: Prima Marketing, Pen: Tombow USA, Metal 'awesome' die: Technique Tuesday, Manual die-cutting machine: Spellbinders)
If you are wondering how I created the snazzy, native-vibe, triangle border.... see below. It was as easy as a hand cut triangle from cardstock, used as a stencil & some fun inks from Prima.
How to create the colored feather:
- Cut a feather shape from cardstock, it doesn't have to be a work of art. Wonky makes it authentic.
- Mist onto your craft sheet, I used magenta, turquoise & yellow.
- Turn your feather over & press the right side into the mist...smooshing it a bit.
- Carefully pick it up & allow to dry.
- Now get all primal & decorate the feather with ethnic style patterns.
- Attach to front on your card with a big wooden button & twine.
- Finish up with your stamped & die cut sentiment and you are all done!
Glad you stopped by!