Monday, July 07, 2014

Photos with meaning.


I really enjoy taking real-life photos with my iPhone.

I love the freedom and spontaneity of capturing a moment on the fly. No fancy photo shoot, props or coiffed hair, just something I want to remember, poised in time just as it is. So when browsing through my photo gallery looking for a photo for my next page, I was instantly drawn to this one and the explosion of emotion that accompanied it. It spoke to that special place in my heart brimming with gratitude. Living in 3rd world Africa with poverty as my neighbor, I find myself increasing grateful for the life although not fancy, it privileged.




Serendipity by Kim Watson

Serendipity by Kim Watson | Supplies: Serendipity by Kim Watson | Supplies: Cardstock by +Stampin' Up!; Patterned paper, Corrugated card, Die cuts, Stickers, Buttons, Cork arrow, Chipboard, Decorative bag by +FancyPantsDesigns, Wood veneer, Enamel dots, Sequins, Cork chevrons by +Studio Calico, Adhesive by +TombowUSA , +Thermoweb, & +Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L , Sewing machine, Font: Veteran Typewriter

Amazingly I didn’t have to edit this photo taken into the early morning sun. The usual blue silhouette effect beautifully catches the drama of Max and Luma (our Schnauser cross Staffie pup) running free, on the endless stretch of wet sand, against the mountain backdrop. 
I wanted to ensure it remained the focal point of the page so paid special attention to the placement of the title and page accents. Maximizing ‘white space’ within the photograph was my solution, keeping the page design uncluttered. 

Blending the journaling directly onto the photograph and using asymmetrical placement, simplified the design perfectly.  The repetitive use of double cork chevrons, creates directional anchors and visual symmetry. 

For a more in depth look at my creative process behind the page, check out the Masterful Scrapbooking class. Remember you have to be a subscriber in order to see the full class. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!