Monday, April 03, 2017

Over the Rainbow Shaker cards by Queen & Co.

Welcome back crafty friends!
Today I have a fun idea, the perfect card to cheer someone up. Again using the fabulous Foam Front cards from Queen & Co, I chose the Rainbow Die & Card Set. I did something a little different with this set too...I created x2 cards with the same dies but with x2 very different results. 
Take a look.
Weather the Storm card by Kim Watson
KimWatson_WeatherTheStorm_Q&Co 01

For this card, I created a rainbow not only using the shaker sections, but also pieces in between, this gave me the correct amount of spaces for a proper x7 piece rainbow. For a little bit of fun & texture I filled the shaker windows with sweet little Pops, matching the colors of the paint underneath. The cloud shaker was filled with sparkly diamond toppers giving the clouds sparkly & shine.
KimWatson_WeatherTheStorm_Q&Co 02

To create the inky clouds scene, I used the cloud shaker paper cover as a mask & an ink pad. Shifting its position and varying the ink pressure, created areas of light & dark. The result...a pretty sky. A cute sun motif & sentiment from the Partly Cloudy Stamp Set from Lawn Fawn, & clear Twinkle Drops were exactly what I needed to complete the card.

For my next card I reversed the rainbow, which is a refreshing take on things.

Weather the Storm card by Kim Watson
KimWatson_SendingColorfulWishes_Q&Co 01

Swapping the card cover piece with watercolor paper, I painted a blended rainbow & allowed it to dry. Using the die in the card set, I cut a new cover, then filled the rainbow shaker pieces with a combination of clear Diamond Toppers & clear Tiny Bubbles. The cloud on the other hand I filled with coordinating rainbow Tiny Bubbles.

KimWatson_SendingColorfulWishes_Q&Co 02

To really support the vibrant rainbow of color on this card, I took a mixture of NEW Pom-pom flowers, separated the layers and clustered them around the page; matching Pops were the perfect flower centers.
Lastly, I selected sequins that also matched the different colors of the paint on the cover. Keeping them self colored added subtle twinkle & texture. I couldn't have asked for a more appropriate sentiment, than the one I selected from Paper Smooches Stamps
Voila! A pretty way to send someone colorful good wishes.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!