Monday, June 01, 2009

Cocoa Daisy's ROCKIN'!

In May there were so many great creative prompts~ see here & challenges~see here over at CD, that I couldn't help myself & did a bunch on them.

This was Christine's challenge was how to draw a person's eye to the primary subject or photo on your layout. The first thing we are usually drawn to in a photograph is a person's face/eyes. Sometimes we have a great photograph were the subject's eyes just pop off the page at us, but other times we need to lead the viewer in the right direction. She found the best way to do this is by using paper strips and embellishments that will point the viewer in the right direction.



This was my take on the challenge:




Now remember the deadline for this challenge is the 10th June...the winner gets a Cocoa Daisy store voucher :)

This is the next challenge by Anja.....Fun with Titles, she hand stitched her's....COOL hey!!




This creative prompt was posted by Ronda.....Use your old photos.



Here is my take on it.



I used some happy snaps for this...no retouching, no colour correction...straight as they came from the photo developer. Do you know how hard it was for me using photos that I couldn't correct....I was chewing my nails as I stuck them down. I know, I need help! hahaha!

I decided to give my Heidi Swapp Invisibles from my May kit a try too, after all the fabulous tips 'n tricks the other DT girls, showed us in this link. I inked, painted & sprayed to add colour...it was such fun. After it was dry, I then cut it into a shape for variety & layered & stitched & roughened & tied. I LOVED this project!! That cool flower is from Pink Paislee!

And lastly this prompt was to create a Thank you Card to show your appreciation for someone :) All made with the gorgeous May Cocoa Daisy kit.



Be sure to pop on over & have a natter with us on the forum. The girls over there are a hoot!!
Chat soon.



4 comments:

  1. Wow Kim, I love your creative flair...you just spice up any challenge.

    I had to giggle at you...not touching up photos...I mean, is that what I am supposed to do? I usually use them as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts. I don't know how you do so many AND put so much gorgeous detail into them. Amazing.

    I know what you mean... I probably would have scanned in the photos so I could fix them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job girl...

    I see you got a LO in the latest MM, WTG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there's a discussion over at Studio Calico about CK's June and July covers http://www.studiocalico.com/forums/topic/13126

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!