Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall fun with CK.

The October CK magazine has been out for a month already....but I have to say it is a WINNER issue (& no I am not biased :o). If you don't have one yet, it is worth looking for in the stores or online. It is jam packed with super Fall ideas, creative tips & tricks & articles that are a great read!!! I loved the photo tips in Top 10 photos to take with leaves this Fall.

Cover by Joannie McBride


** Posted with prior permission from the Editor at Creating Keepsakes magazine**

I have a bunch of pages inside.... this one is from the article by Dorathy Gilchrist "10 tips to get published in Creating Keepsakes". If you are looking to get published, then it is worth reading :o)

So Rich by Kim Watson

** Posted with prior permission from the Editor at Creating Keepsakes magazine**

This page is by Lara Penrod from the article Journaling is fun again.

** Posted with prior permission from the Editor at Creating Keepsakes magazine**

There is also an article by Kim Jackson where she gives us the low down on border punches.....
as seen on the CK website




Talking about border punches, here are a few of my favorites right now :o)

Fiskars stamp edge
Border-punch-postage-stamp_product_main

Swiss cheese by EK Success

Large_swiss_cheese_edge

Birds on a wire by Martha Stewart
Martha Stewart Crafts Edge Punch - Birds On A Wire

Well being Friday means the weekend is almost here.....YAY! although I have visions of having to get stuck in to my scrap area & do some purging & tidying. I need more space.
Have a goodie!
~KJ

7 comments:

  1. I really love all your articles in the latest issue Kim. Absolutely fab!! Have a wonderful weekend. How is the weather down there in the Cape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Kim! "so rich" took my breath away! I grabbed this issue at Target and couldn't put it down, so l let the kids play in the toy isle for 30 min. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these layouts in the magazine last week, and fell in love with them. So amazing! Also, thanks for listing your favorite edge punches. I have never seen the stamped edge punch before. I am gonna have to get my hands on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm....I have a confession.....I absolutely LOVE your style, and was SO excited to see so many of the pages were yours! yes.....I AM a Kim Watson groupie! I know there are more of you out there! :) Thanks for inspiring my creative sprit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the LOs look even better on your blog than in the magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that LO Kim.... so special! Guess i better find a copy of this issue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU are the best thing that has happened to Creating Keepsakes lately...I decided not to renew my subscription since they just decided to cut down on the # of issues they were going to make per year. The punch of colors in the first layout and the leaves are awesome...and the concept and story behind the Skype...so so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!