Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday sketch + @Studio_Calico

The sweet Kelly Purkey asked me to make a page using this cute sketch by Kelly Noel.

I still had some goodies left over from my Guest designer Boardwalk kit, and these are the pages I came up with:
Treasure by Kim Watson

The sketch was so cute that I thought I'd make the most of it & interpreted into a two page layout. The beauty of Kelly having kept her photos to one side, meant I could use the whole left hand page for photographs, leaving the right for my title & journaling

Life does return by Kim Watson

For some variety and to stretch the sketch I flipped the sketch on it's side for my single 8.5x11" page. Grouping same sized photos in a clump like Kelly's to the left and placing my title & journaling asymmetrically to the right, allows the page breathing space to avoid cluttering. By using scalloped trim & similar elements on my page, one can clearly see the sketch at a glance

Too read more on how the sketch contest works & the details of where & how to post you takes... see here:~
Glad you stopped by!

2 comments:

  1. Love these, KJ! Especially how you translated the layout into a 2-pager. Brilliant, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout! Your work is so fun and full of heart and interesting details and always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!