Friday, September 16, 2011

'Fancy' clear gift boxes + how-to Tutorial

Morning all.... how are you all doing on this fine Friday morning??? I am having a black & white kinda day. There have been moments of 'grrr!' kinda black moments & 'wheeu-relief!' kinda white moments. I am very glad however that it is Friday & I have no pressing assignments other that some cute developments for Cocoa Daisy kits hehe! no hints sorry! I even have a bunch of 'who-done-it-forensic' novels from the library. Yes things are definitely looking up!

I have a fun tutorial for you today. I was hoping to post it yesterday but I sort of ran out of hours before midnight...do you ever have those days? Better late than never I suppose. I created these sweet gift boxes focusing on the Summers End transparencies for the Fancy Pants blog the other day. Whilst I was making them, I took photographs of the process as I went along, to show you how easy they are to make for yourselves.

Summers End Gift boxes by Kim Watson


For the flat box on the left, I used my Silhouette SD to cut the box shape & used the transparency for the little window on the top of the box. I threaded cotton tape through the holes on the top flap to secure the box closed. It is the perfect size for a CD, jewelry, hair accessories or candy.

Flat gift box by Kim Watson

The clear upright box using transparency to make the box shape was based on an idea I saw over at Split Coast Stampers Resource center, and is so simple to make.

Here are the dimensions:

Transparency: 5.5"x8.5", score along the long side. 2", 4", 6", & 8". You will find there is a 1/2" left over for sticking the box closed. I used Power Bond runner tape by Tombow to do this. (Goodness that stuff sticks like Eddy!

x2 end caps: x2= 3.5" scalloped squares also cut with my Silhouette SD. Score 3/4" around the inside the edge of the square. Cut little slits along the score lines, secure the flaps on the inside to make the little box shaped lids. Cut x2 little slits on the top lid to be able to thread the ribbon through.

Ribbon: +-25"


Clear upright gift box by Kim Watson


Unique hand crafted packaging in a jiffy, an easy way to add personalized flair to any gift. I hope you find the transparencies helpful.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Th♥nks for your comments!