Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Tombow Adhesive Resist technique + FREE cut file

Did you know that liquid adhesive has more uses that just adhereing things to a page :) I discovered this quite by chance. Some time back I had a blocked Tombow mono AQUA glue nozzle, so reached for a spare piece of paper & scribbled all over it in an attempt to clear it...spreading adhesive everythere.
Afterwards, I thought there was no need to bin a perfectly good piece of white cardstock...so let it dry with the idea of using the reverse for die-cutting at a later stage.

I forgot all about it. 

The other day I reached for a piece of heavy cardstock in a creative moment wanting to make a mixed media layout. I got into the whole process applying mist & water washing when I noticed a resist scribbles showing through the ink. 

That is when I realised I was in fact using the piece of paper I had cleared my glue nozzle on the other day.

So Happy! by Kim Watson
So Happy by Kim Watson: (Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzil Basics; Patterned paper, Stickers: Echo Park Papers, Simple Stories; Decorative Tape: Queen & Company, Bella Boulevard; Transparency: Simple Stories; Clips, Chipboard: Fancy Pants Designs; Buttons: October Afternoon, Fancy pants Designs; Pen: Zig; Mist Texture Paste: Ranger; Pen: Zig; Adhesive: Tombow, Thermo Web, 3L; Tools: Scissors, Mat & Trimmer: Fiskars America; Die cutting machine: Silhouette Cameo; Other Sewing Machine, Stencil.)

I love the effect of vibrant color mixture using hot & cold colors. Perfect for capturing fun in the sun. Bold splashes of water-color washed across the page and clustered photographs & accents create energy and for water fun. 

This is how I did it:
  1. Using (blue bottle) Tombow AQUA mono liquid glue, I scribbled a pattern all over the area I wanted to cover with color. Once dry this glue resists the water based products.
  2. Using x4 colors: Deep Yellow, Orange, turquoise, & violet/blue, I color-washed vertically across the page using bold strokes.
  3. Once dry, I applied texture paste through a triangle stencil. The subtle arrow shapes create subliminal movement, helping the page theme.
  4. Scrapbook on top of your artsy base page as usual. 


As a matter if interest: This page is COLOR/ Triple 
complimentary: turq & red/orange, blue & red/orange, blue-violet & orange-yellow. 

I also have a FREEBIE cut file for you :)
I love using oversized chevron accents on pages. They are super eye catching as well as being really inexpensive. Here is a FREE cut file (for your own personal use), you can make some of your own. Enjoy!

I'd love to see your versions...remember to link me up in the comment section here or on my Facebook page.
Happy Crafting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!