Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Handmade tree Ornaments #3- Cork Reindeer.

As I mentioned the other day...I decided to make all my tree ornaments this year because my color theme & Christmas decor is so totally different from anything else I have done before & wonder of all wonders I actually got myself organised enough to take photos of my creative process.

Here is no. 3: (Scandinavian style)

#3 cork reindeer!


Supplies:
  • A selection of wine bottle corks
  • Twigs
  • Gold ribbon
  • Toothpicks
  • Hot glue
  • Sparkly dot for the nose
  • Sharp scissors
  • Gold twine
  • Stapler

  • Snip the twigs into x4 pieces to be used as legs
  • Snip the twigs into x2 antler shapes
  • Cut some of the corks in half to be used as heads
  • Using a tooth pick, secure the head to the body
  • Push twig legs into the underside of the body cork
  • Using hot glue, push the antlers & tail into the correct positions
  • Tie gold ribbon around the reindeers neck
  • Stick the nose onto the head
  • Tie a gold twine loop for hanging & staple to the back of the head
  • Slip them onto your twig tree adding a sophisticated pop of black.
    Remember to visit tomorrow for another tutorial.

    So glad you stopped by!

    Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!