Saturday, January 03, 2015

Handmade tree Ornaments #4- Cornflour Clay Ornaments

As I mentioned the other day...I decided to make all my tree ornaments this year because my color theme & Christmas decor is so totally different from anything else I have done before & wonder of all wonders I actually got myself organised enough to take photos of my creative process.

Here is no. 4: (Scandinavian style)

#4 handmade cornflour clay ornaments!



Supplies:
  • Cornflour
  • White School glue
  • Mixture of letter stamps
  • Motif stamps or wood veneer
  • Straw to make a threading hole
  • Cookie cutters
  • Decorative twine for hanging

  • Measure out glue & cornflour using the ratio 2:1
  • Mix well together in an old dish. It will be super sticky.
  • Once mixed, tip out and knead well with extra cornflour to coat your hands.
  • Roll out to desired thickness. 
  • You have to work quickly not to obtain well defined imprints.
  • Push doily or doily stamp into clay, making a sharp impression.
  • Using cookies cutters, cut into a variety of shapes.
  • Use a drinking straw to make a threading hole at the top of the shape.
  • Using letter stamps & motifs decorate shapes.
  • Allow to air try for 24 hours.
  • Take glass sand paper smooth off any rough edges, thread with twine & hang.
So glad you stopped by!

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!