Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Scrapping with layers + yellow alert!

I hope where ever you find yourself, that you are having the BEST time?! Here are some of my projects using the May Hip kit & add-ons. I am really enjoying the vibrant patterned papers & embellishment combinations!!
This week I thought I’d focus on the gorgeous Pink Paislee goodies from the #citrusbliss collection included in the kits.
Life is Sweet by Kim Watson 
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @pinkpaislee #ppcitrusbliss #scrapbooking #12x12 #layout  @shopEvalicious
These photos are from a few years back, I find scrapbooking older photos as well as current ones, refreshing & keeps my albums fresh & interesting.
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @pinkpaislee #ppcitrusbliss #scrapbooking #12x12 #layout  @shopEvaliciousIt was the citrus slices paper that sparked the idea of using circles in this design, which in turn sparked the idea of using some of the citrus cut-outs to make flowers. They add great 3D interest to my circle clusters.
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @pinkpaislee #ppcitrusbliss #scrapbooking #12x12 #layout  @shopEvaliciousThe cute stamp set from the May Color Kit & stencil…were a fantastic way to add subtle texture to my page. I layered the stamped images in soft colors around the page making sure to keep them understated, not to distract attention away from the focal areas.
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @pinkpaislee #ppcitrusbliss #scrapbooking #12x12 #layout  @shopEvalicious
As usual Evalicious’s wood veneer sentiments are adorable & fabulous on any page. For added color accent, I painted ‘Life is Sweet’ with lime green & magenta with stunning results. It really draws attention of the page. 
For this page, wanted a more graphic feel page with pops of bright colors on a neutral black & white spotted background!
Sweet & Sassy by Kim Watson
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @americancrafts @shopEvalicious @chickaniddy #scrapbookingkit #summercraft #layout #papercraft
I am so thrilled with how this page turned out. I am generally nervous about mixed media, not wanting to mess my page up with my clumsy attempts at adding paint & ink but this time it actually worked. I think the smaller stencils in the Color Kit teamed with daubers is what did the trick & I love how the mixed media looked under the vellum layer.
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @americancrafts @shopEvalicious @chickaniddy #scrapbookingkit #summercraft #layout #papercraft Making the most of the May Color Kit & stencils…I started by adding painted texture to my page, layering the stencils using the yellow & green paint daubers, I added both solid colors & doodled outlines.
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @americancrafts @shopEvalicious @chickaniddy #scrapbookingkit #summercraft #layout #papercraft
I then created interesting, layered clusters around the page. Trimming down the red Evalicious journal card made a fabulous sentiment tag. As did her cute puffy stickers layered onto a circle label with a tiny stamped sentiment. The stamp set which has loads of very small sentiments & accents words comes in the May Color Kit too. I am finding them perfect for a reluctant stamper like myself. They add super texture & interest to the page
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @americancrafts @shopEvalicious @chickaniddy #scrapbookingkit #summercraft #layout #papercraft The rest of the journal card became a label, layered with green one, a wood veneer accent & stamped images,  I created a pretty cluster in the bottom right corner too.
@HipKitClub @KimWatson @americancrafts @shopEvalicious @chickaniddy #scrapbookingkit #summercraft #layout #papercraft Using my trusty typewriter, I journaled onto a piece of  trimmed Chickaniddy paper, stamped with a few images to make it more interesting.
Yet more evidence of an amazingly well planned & thought out kit from Hip Kits. The perfect mixture of patterned papers, accents & embellishments, make designing scrapbook pages a breeze. Make sure to secure your June kits, & July kits. they are almost sold out.
Glad you stopped by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!