Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Getting creative with graphic style products!

I am so excited to be guest designing for Bella Blvd again, I will always be a fan of their colorful graphic style.
KimWatson+Never Slow Down+BB01
"Never Slow Down", by Kim Watson.
Having received mostly boy collections meant I had an opportinity to scrap some photos of my son I had been hording like this one. Those cute car illustrations from the Let’s Go collection really stood out to me as the perfect boy themed page accent. Aren’t they adorable?! Together with the cute speed limit card, they totally inspired the color palette & theme behind the page.
KimWatson+Never Slow Down+BB02
The little cluster in the top right corner comprises of a piece of the Let’s Go sticker strip, a few ephemera pieces, a hand cut cloud & a conversational title using the Homespun Alpha Stickers. Machine stitching is always a great way to attach things to your scrapbook page as well as adding fabulous interest.
KimWatson+Never Slow Down+BB03
I love how the punchy black & big title on the card acts as a gorgeous focal point drawing attention to the photo. Chipboard, Stickers & cute themed e[phemera bring this page together nicely.
KimWatson+Love Yoy Little Boy+04
"Love You Little Boy", by Kim Watson.
Isn’t this sweet soft collection just adorable? It was perfect to scrap these photos of little Cassidy giving her baby brother cuddles. In love the blue with hints of caramel, grey & yellow…I naturally reached for the cute cloud paper first. Actually it was this paper with the doodled style clouds that influenced my cut-out cloud shapes.
KimWatson+Love Yoy Little Boy+05
Slipped under the photos, the clouds cut-outs layered with cloud ephemera & chipboard, made the perfect base for the sweet title.
KimWatson+Love Yoy Little Boy+06
Layering tags, chipboard & stickers from the Cute Baby Boy collection really helped tell my story. Again the limited color palette & dominance of white, makes for lovely, soft page that makes one say …aaawww.
KimWatson+Let's Go Explore+07
"Let's Go Explore", by Kim Watson.
Totally inspired by the chipboard & cardstock clouds (again LOL), I messed with mixed media & created a skyscape.
KimWatson+Let's Go Explore+08
The Hip Kit Club stencil & some Shimmerzpaint products, teamed with hand cut paper clouds & a mixture of other ephemera had the little aeroplane flying through a bright painted sky.
KimWatson+Let's Go Explore+09
A combination of Tiny Text & Homespun alpha stickers created amazing focal anchors within the page design.
KimWatson+Let's Go Explore+010
I think what makes this page extra special is the subtle layering of colors, textures & materials. Bella Blvd is so good at co-ordinating many different items across all their collections, meaning you can always find exactly what you need to make your next papercraft project interesting & fun.
KimWatson+Let's Go Explore+011
So thank you so very much to Bella Blv & their team for inviting me over guest. I really enjoyed working with these cute collections. I hope you have been inspired by my ideas. Have a wonderful crafty day further. Until next time.
Kim sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!