Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nuffinc to say!

I am at a bit of a loss as what to blog about today! My day was mediocre, I didn't feel like scrapping & I have swollen ankles [water retention from the humidity] . The highlight I suppose was that I went to the dentist plus I have to go back on Thursday for a double appointment....I am clenching my jaws [again] & it is cracking my molars.......Nooooo! I'm not stressed, for some reason I just clench, it's a bad habit. Dumb I know!

Well now that you are all reeling from the overwhelmingly profound nature of what you have just read, I will leave you with this little snippet of a conversation between Max & the Mother of a little boy in his class @ school.

We were perusing the puzzle & games isle @ Toys R Us earlier today. We bumped into Jed & his Mother. Maxi started yakking to them as soon as he saw them. Shirley, being the Mum of a 4yr old boy acted suitably interested, in an attempt to quell the stream of conversation & questions preferably before this time next year.

Max~ Shirley look at this! {pointing at the box of a kiddies general knowledge game}
Shirley~ Oh, Max that's nice! {thinking she had gotten off lightly}
Max~ Shirley! Look at this! {emphatically}
Shirley~ I see Max! What is that? {realizing she couldn't get away so easily}
Max~ That is the Sydney Opera House in Australia, that is the leaning tower of Pisa in Italy & that is the Statue of Liberty, in that 'York city' {thank-fully he stopped there, as he couldn't remember the Eiffel Tower}
Shirley~ Wow! Max you clearly know alot more than I do! {looking shocked}

This is where I, now red-faced, sort of threw in there....."Ah! yes he seems to have quite a good memory"; grabbed Maxi by the hand, breezed something about having to dash & ducked! I hate situations like that....I hope she doesn't think I strap my poor child to earphones & teach him Natural history until midnight every night. He just has an interest in things like that so we read about them......fortunately he remembers most of what we read.

My child, doing what he likes best......talking about books he reads!

XX

[Ok...so I had something to say after all, haha!]

8 comments:

  1. sounds like quite the mini-einstein, good for him. It's cool to be smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words fail me. That is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont lie - I saw the headphones hanging on his headboard the other day ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the kids get born cleverer today than what they did in our day! He sounds like a very bright little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh used to know the difference between a front end loader and a bulldozer at 2 1/2 and also amazed a Mommy friend of ours, you are really not the only one out there. Keep up the good work 'cos you don't know yet what he will become.My oldest is still praised for his vocab and reading skills. Don't tell anyone I read a lot to him 'cause I wanted to keep him in one place and the bed was comfy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dislike going to the doctors or dentists, but thankfully I haven't had any issues lately!
    What a great story about Max!!! I wouldn't be at all embarassed, you should be proud, does he love to play blocks? In our nursery school (where I work as the teacher's aide), we now have books out in the block area, with photos of the Eiffel Towel, the Colleseum, Notre Dame, and the kids LOVE it. It inspires them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with all the other commenters, nothing to be embarassed about! I am so proud of Max!

    and I clench my teeth too, especially when I sleep, so my dentist had a night guard made to protect my teeth at night...

    good luck with the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. KJ, seeing as we went to the same dentist, we are both experiencing bad dentistry.....had to go back again today for a filling that broke AGAIN, thankfully the new technology means no local, so she literally built a new tooth and 'vwalah' looks great. you've always said, we have to keep Max stimulated, well its repeating the benefits, his general knowledge is amazing....speak soon. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!