Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stolen moments!

I got a call from Maxi's teacher asking me to fetch him from Play school early. That he had been complaining of a sore stomach & back all morning. He had mentioned the same symptoms for the last couple of days but without fever or the obvious toilet visits I didn't want to medicate him. Shame, today he was really struggling with uncomfortable cramping, so a quick visit to the pharmacy for Buscupain, Probotics & Electrolytes (all for a whopping bill of R98.70) I settled him on the couch with a DVD. Afterwards he pottered around, while I did stuff around the house.

I caught him on camera, quietly sitting in the kitchen on his red dot mat (he had dragged through from his bedroom), with his electrolyte juice, a bowl of pretzels & the biggest story book in the house, reading. By the end of the day he had perked up considerably.
This picture I managed to capture from the outside, through the glass sliding door without Tersh or Max seeing me. It is always a great feeling to see how dedicated Tersh is to his little boy in the evenings before Maxi's bedtime. They were playing rough & tumble and cars in our room (please note the chaos). Max is definitely on the mend by the amount of activity happening. A far sight better than the early part of today.
This is a pic of our supper roasting...chicken, small onions & washed, unskinned potatoes with steamed veggies. It looked so yum that I had to take a photograph of it. Only when I downloaded the photo's did I notice myself in the left hand corner...turned out quite creative I think.


Well you lovely lot I must get back to my scrapping. Have a grand day!
XXX

8 comments:

  1. I get to be the first to comment!
    Lovely post, glad your boy is feeling so much better, shame they can feel sick so quickly. I love the pic of you and your supper too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dinner pic too! :) hope max is feeling better soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little thing! I sure hope he's feeling better! i love those kinds of moments when they don't even realize that you are there LURKING with the cam!
    hey, feel free to share the recipe! That looks ever so YUMMI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous15 May, 2008

    Hey sweetpea, some can scrap but can't aim a camera. Others can take a great foto but can't scrap. How come you can do both? These fotos are great - love the dinner and reflection! Its good to reflect on a great dinner...
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy, I had drive thru for dinner...shame on me. Hope your wee one feels better...

    ReplyDelete
  6. R98.00 at the pharmacy I wish I could get away so easily, last visit for Scotts skin stuff was R 700.00 thereabouts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope he's feeling better KJ, just tell him only 10 weeks to go and grams will be there :-}

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool photo of your oven and YOU! I hope Max is better!!!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!