Monday, September 22, 2008

Airshow!

Saturday was our city's annual airshow. We together with hundreds of others queued for ages to be WOW'd by some of the most amazing air displays I have ever seen.Unfortunately, unless you were privileged enough to be classified as VIP, you couldn't get up front, or even see the runway for that matter; so we had to make ourselves comfortable to just park our bums on the tarmac between hangers & look up.
They had an amazing mixture of commercial, military & private aircraft showing off their expertise at hanging upside down long enough to make us all cringe. It was all alot of fun....just so FAR to walk from the car parking, then to each hanger display, then to the airshow. I was mighty grateful we had the bright idea of packing Max's old buggie from the far recesses of the garage, for him to sit in just in case he got tired. Being too wide for it he really looked funny squished sideways the whole time...but he didn't care....he didn't have to walk & for him that was heaven.
The highlight of the whole day for Max, was watching the army divers do their thing in an enormous yellow water tank....he kept exclaiming :
"SEE Mama...that's what I want to do!!"

Anyone who knows Max, knows that it is his hearts desire is to be a diver/astronaut one day.....the diving thing I can help with...the astronaut thing...um...do they even have a Space center here in South Africa...or Africa for that matter??? We'll have to see about that one. For the moment he is happy to be riding in the back of the plane....complete with in flight movies....juice & snacks on tap & the promise to be in a different country by morning. Cosmo kid in the making.
It was certainly fun to be outdoors with the sun shining....for the moment Spring has decided to grace us with her presence...but for how long :o) :o)

KJ
XXX

14 comments:

  1. Aaahw, isn't Maxy the sweetest little thing! Hope his dreams come true one day! I love air shows! It's amazing to see what they can do with airoplanes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AaaHw, Kim, those photo's of the mountain in the back-ground and the blue sky's make me feel a little home sick :(
    as for Max and his dreams, well we never know hey, maybe they will come true one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw a bit of the airshow on tv on Saturday night... nice to actually "know" someone who went.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I heard were the sonic booms! Looks like a fantastic time was had by all. You didn't mention any food though. Did you pack a picnic or grab something there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim...enjoyed your post...I had to time go through your blog over the weekend and you are an awesome scrapper! I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we went to an airshow last summer, and it was hot and loud. I could do without the daredevil parts. my heart can not bear the excitement, sheer terror of what if they can't pull out of it?! I am a total wimp in that arena. Yay for max being chauffeured in the stroller! :)
    sending aloha and hugs to astronaut/diver Maxi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comment on my blog was hilarious. You remembered every "not so fun" thing that we've delt with in this area. You are a true friend.

    Looks like Max had a great day looking at the airplannes. My kiddos liked the air shows too. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks so darling up in that seat! Has he grown since I first starting visiting your blog? Wow. Goes by WAY too fast. Hope spring comes to you soon. We're into fall/autumn right now but my flowers are still doing grand, except for my hollyhocks they've finished. I planted a bunch of Chrisanthamums and they're looking wonderful. Glad you all had a wonderful weekend at the airshow. Thank you so much for your well wishes. Hopefully tonight WILL be THE night and I'll have me a little bundle of baby boy tomorrow. So exciting.
    Hugs,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a blast!!

    OMG, I am such a ding dong, I am just now going through my August CK, Yahoo for you!! Why didn't you say anything about being published???

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, I am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous right now! I love love love airshows! I grew up Air Force so we always got to go behind the scenes and once when I was 7 got to sit in the cockpit of a F-14!!! oh..talk about a rush. from that moment on I wanted to be a fighter pilot but that dream fell short when my eyesight went bad...oh well...can't live all dreams. But the air show looked fun and Max is the cutest! What a great profession to aspire to be in. I hope he does it. Love all your creations recently too! - you are one talented chicka!! Love that butterfly album!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have I told you how CUTE your kid is and looks??? I tell ya, I feel like kissing those beautiful cheeks!
    One more reason to come to the Americas, my friend! He totally needs to be an astronaut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go Max Go that's what gramsy says...he is SUCH a boy, at least he hasn't tried parachuting off the roof with a pillowcase like Uncle Stev......

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love airshows! The last one I was at, we were able to stand right along the runway and watch the fighter planes take off. It was LOUD and HOT (we were in Las Vegas, after all)! I'm glad you had a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!