Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heritage Day!

It is a public holiday here in SA....no work...no nuffinc...just a day to sloth around in our PJ's, drinking copious amounts of Hawaiian coffee (Thnx Joscie), trying to keep the mini Watson entertained. To make matters REALLY challenging is is raining-again-Bob!! I am so irritated with all the rain, sog, mud...& profusion of weeds in our lawn as a result of it. It means no outside walks...no bike rides...just our 4 walls...bleuh!!

To make matters worse...Hunnie is working....he has a million deadlines looming...& the pressure is on, so no rest for the brilliant designer I am afraid....sorry babes....(text me when you want tea :o) {I know he reads my blog}
Thankfully the Leappad is back....Max LOVES it...& it has kept him occupied for hours.....well in total anyhow. In between he has played cars, had endless chats to his snail buddy, Liam (his new pet in a jar) & now he is watching the Incredibles on DVD. Oh-boy...talk about a hard one...I am running out of things that he wants to do. Oh were is Spring???

He did at one stage, decide it was time for more art in our house...."to make things look pretty were his words"....take a peek at the latest sculpture :o)

Well now that I have bored you silly with pic's of my kid I will spare you & show you one I took this am....I love eating oranges....I have done ever since I was a kid....so whenever they are in season..we have a ton of them in the house. There was something about them in the wooden bowl, against the leather couch that make me hesitate & grab my camera....I think (if I remember correctly) that moment is what Stacy Julian calls 'an arresting moment'. A moment that stops you in your tracks & allows you to appreciate the creativity of that one moment...to quote her:
" I don't believe in perfect days, but I do believe in perfect moments."


So try & find at least one of those moments in the humdrum of dishes, pots, picking up & noise...they are there, you just have to look.
KJ
XXX

11 comments:

  1. I do hope the rain lets up soon...because your bad weather blows over to us within a day...LOL! Enjoy the public holiday.
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Durban had warmer weather, but blowing gale force winds...we did manage to braai our wors for the rolls, that was our braai effort for today...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe all the rain you have been having there. You might as well be in the UK :)
    I take it that those bottles of vino around Tersh are designer projects and not from too much work and loads of drinking as a result hehe!
    Enjoy the day off non the less. Love to ya'll from a post hurricane Ike Texas xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. blah blah even I am tired of the rain and cold now. Lovely post, hope DH gets his work one and I'm ready for tea any where any day - except when we're away... he he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! thanks for the nice birthday comments you left!!! sorry about your bummer day, hope it improves soon...I nanny 2 days a week, and my "little man" loves the leappad too, great invention!!!! Just wanted to say hi, I've been very out of touch the past 2 months, but I think I'm back to "me old self"!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pics :) Glad you're enjoying your coffee! :)
    I love the oranges and the maxi sculpture.

    I hope all is well, sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll have lots of lovely flowers all around very soon! Thanks to the rain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. send some rain up our way! when CT has rain, we don't. and gauteng is dry, very, very dusty and windy! nothing stays clean, and everyone with allergies is suffering... so come on, share! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacki, you can have our rain any old day - excepting when there are hectic fires, which sadly, there have been alot of recently ...

    I know we should be grateful, blah blah blah but I can't bear the wind, which I believe brings the rain - my garden is a disaster zone and the building sand is blowing everywhere ... grrrrr ....

    Ok, I feel marginally better now - b-session over for a few days - thanks for letting me vent ...

    Love, Tracy

    P.S. Love the pic of the oranges - I loooove the smell of oranges and cinnamon and vanilla ... yummmmm ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen sister. Life is in the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, I must REAAAALY need to go to bed. I had to read the last parragraph 3 times, because i kept reading: picking your nose!!! HA!!!
    Love the towers by little Watson Dude. Connor would be totally psyched with Buzz Light Year. And i can only imagine. We're slowly, but very surely, going into winter here. from December to April, nothing but our 4 walls or the mall (which I hate... I think i'll take the walls!)
    how funny, oranges are fruits I could never take a picture of, because they never last that long! We all attack the poor things as soon as they're out of the shopping bag!
    Hugs, Sweety!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!