Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Challenge #9 L.O's!

Thanks to the great gals who faithfully do my sketches....I appreciate your playing along each time. Your creativity never ceases to inspire me & teach me something new.



Like Misty's page here....don't you just love how she stamped butterflies across the two pages to 'join' them. Your colour sense is amazing!



...and Marilyn used these cute stitched flourishes to do the same thing.
Boy! all the lovely stitching must have taken you ages :o)


I love how Shaina used the strips of patterned paper to gel the pages together....see the addition of the black is such a strong feature. Is the black paper dye cut with holes??? Great job!



And mine...I stepped out folks & tried my hand at digi again...& do you know what.... I LOVED it. The tricky part I find is to always think of what the light would do in real life. I think that is what determines whether or not a L.O looks realistic or not. I used the crystals, turquoise flourishes & colour to tie my pages together.

Well everyone I hope you enjoyed that as much as I did...I'll post the RAK winner a bit later.
Regarding the next challenge....I have decided that x4 challenges a month is just too many with all my other projects on the go, so I am cutting it down to x2 a month, giving everyone more time to complete it.

Well I have to dash...the electrician is in the roof trying to sort out why our circuits are tripping all the time. I have a feeling it because of all the rain water that is finding it's way inside our home through every nook & cranny. Builders...are SERIOUSLY in my bad books right now. Through out both our renovation we had nothing but nightmare stories.
Anyway enough of that....before I really get started on my war stories.

Have a super day.....
Chat soon
KJ
XX

14 comments:

  1. very fun. All of them look so great! The hand stitching and all the colors are super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope there isn't too much damage found from the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, ladies...last week was a busy one for us, but I sure hope to join in the next one in-time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, great layouts! love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great - 2 wks m i g h t just be enough time for me to put something together more regularly. although I have posted some new LO on my scrap blog. Go take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When ever I see of new LO of yours KJ - I think 'hmmmm now that's my favourite one' - nope I think today's is my favourite....

    ReplyDelete
  7. that should read, when ever I see A new LO of yours....oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kim!! I'm sorry I haven't visited your blog in a while. It looks like you've been quite a scrappy gal lately! Your LOs and that of the other sketch participants never cease to inspire me :)

    I hope you have a good day and that the electricians can figure out what's going on with your circuits. That must be quite frustrating!

    {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE them all! Sorry, hun, we had a little family crisis and I couldn't get to it after all... but I'll keep at them, all the same!
    Lots of hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They really did do a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love all the LO, they really really cool. Your LO KIM is fab, and the photo's are so precious. I really like the colour combination you used too, it is really effective.
    Going to try your challenges too. (Promise :) )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow! These layouts came out soooo nice! Love you you've all joined the 2 pages in one way or another! Great job girls and well done with you digi lo Kim - it looks devine!

    I totally missed out on this one - too much going on right now - maybe next time.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your digi design Kim. Sorry I've been MIA but life is crazy, busy at the moment...it's that whole nesting thing taking over. I love the colors on your lo. Hope you get that roof all taken care of, Travis just finally got all of our leaks patched and what not. The one that killed me was right over my scrap area!
    Take care, sweetie.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic! I love all the double page spreads!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!