Monday, December 07, 2009

Gearing up for Christmas!

I am so much more organized for Christmas this year than I was last year...& I have actually made a bunch of my Christmas cards & teachers gifts, as well as made most of my Christmas gifts instead of store bought ones. It is quite liberating knowing that by making my own I am in a small way supporting 'Handmade ROCKS!'. I will show you a few of them next week.

I wanted to share some of the goodies I have been busy with. Today I'll showcase some of the ones made using American crafts, Merrymint line. If you don't already have some in your stash, do yourself a favor & go grab some...it is so cute & festive!!

This is one of the teachers gifts I made. The box has a removable lid to get to the yummy cherry Christmas cake inside.

Max my 5yr old wrote the tag for his teacher....I wrote 'Aunty Sue' on another piece of paper so he could get the spelling correct! Look how he fancied up his name with little curls~sweet hey! hehe!


This is the card that goes with the gift! The sentiment is one from a wide range from Stampendous!

A few of my Christmas cards....the one on the far right, has a photo CD inside a little pocket for a family member.



That's all for today guys! I hope they have sparked you to try some?
Have a super day!
KJ


4 comments:

  1. Super Super Cute Kim! I love all those cards with the stitching, and that eyelet lace is just so sweet! I also think it's cute that you spell aunty with a y and not an ie (we in Hawaii spell it that way too, while I see in continental US with ie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love these. And I love that the gift itself looks like a treat--not to mention what's inside. Thanks for the inspiration! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim!!
    Just wanted to drop you a line to say "hello". I am a fellow SA'n girl and have been a huge fan of yours for quite some time now. I loved all your lo's in CK, and used to show my hubby and say "this girl is from SA". Your work is really amazing and inspiring, and you are doing so well being on all the big DT's. A huge Congrats for getting on the CK Dream Team, you must be over the moon. Have your received all your goodies yet?? I am so chuffed that I found your blog, so now I can check back for inspiration on a regular basis! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!