Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Hip Kit Club- Layouts & a Tutorial.

The 2015 February Main kit from the +HipKitClub is rocking my world!!!

Looking for more inspiration from Hip Kits? Here is a link to my Hip Kit Club Pinterest board filled with amazing projects from the DT.


I have had x2 pages up on the blog so far...check them out!

When playing with the patterned papers on my desk, I was immediately drawn to the doors paper. Firstly, isn’t it seriously cool & secondly, isn’t the paper quality super interesting? It lends itself to mixed media & is substantial enough to withstand water, ink, gesso & other ‘wet’ treatments.
It spoke to me, sparking the following thoughts in my brain in reference to my 10 year old:
  • Future
  • Destiny
  • Open Doors
  • Life Choices
  • Colorful Memories
  • Growing up
These ideas came together, as this page :)

Dream Big by Kim Watson
For the title I roughly cut ‘Dream Big’ from the We R Memory Keepers- Love Notes- Dear Diary paper, using a craft knife & doodled the edge in fine black marker for definition.
 To start, I grabbed water-colour paints & licked some funky colors onto the doors, giving them a cheerful vibe. Once dry, I cut them out & arranged them in an overlapping row creating a border for the journal block. The central page layout worked well here, allowing ones eye to travel down the page from the title, to the photograph & lastly resting on the journaling.

For more detailing check out this blog post >>

 This is my other page:

For this post, I shared a super way to transform patterned paper into something gorgeously ‘bling-ified’ (In case you were wondering, yes that is a real word in the vocab’ of every crafter who likes gold glitter)…like me- LOL.

To do this I am going to be using the February 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kitsas well as the pretty turquoise tissue wrapping paper our February 2015 Hip Kit came wrapped in.
Girl Powa by Kim Watson

To create that cool glittered strip, I used the wonderfully ingenious invention, called adhesive sheets from +Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 
This is how I did it:
  • Lay the edge of the paper triangle onto the sticky side of the adhesive sheet.
  • Trim off the excess.
  • Remove the top, protective layer.
  • Sprinkle liberally with fine gold glitter.
  • Press down firmly, making sure the glitter is secured well. You don’t want it falling off :D
  • Tap off any loose glitter…& you are done.
  • NOTE: I left a little glittered strip at the bottom of the triangle, which I trimmed off & cut into mini triangles for accenting elsewhere on the page.

Tissue Bloom Tutorial by Kim Watson
Instructions:
  • Fold the tissue paper into squares in x2 (or more) different sizes. I made x20 layers in total by cutting them in piles of about 6-8 layers.
  • Once you are happy with the amount, pile them on top of each other.
  • Using a stapler, secure the pile together with criss-crossed staples.
  • Place your flower on one hand & gently scrunch with the other. Pinching layers onto a clump.
  • Place the crunched flower on your craft mat & work with the petals. Flatten some, crinkle others & arrange until you have a lovely, puffy bloom.
  • Using a little water, lightly spray the flower before spritzing with turquoise Dylusions Ink, adding vibrant color.
  • Allow it to dry & secure to your page using a strong adhesive.
All done….a striking page that will make your teenage daughter happy.
I appreciate you stopping by!! 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!