Monday, April 10, 2017

Ombre watercolor effect for your cards!


Thanks for joining me on the blog today friends! I have some ideas to share that I hope you are going to love!
Ok, so do you love making cards? Yes, I do!
Do you have friends & family you love give cards to? Yes, I do?
Do you feel like playing with paper right now? Yes, I do?
(Then I think we are on the same page hehe!)
Here are some cards that will add a whole lot of color to someone’s life, using the uber fun, Joy Parade collection from Fancy pants Designs AND gorgeous bling & flowers from Queen & Co. 

Create an ombre effect with complimenting watercolors like I did on these few examples. 

Hello Friend card by Kim Watson


  • Add some bold swashes of watercolor for the background.
  • Punch a vellum scalloped circle.
  • Decorate with flowers & leaves.
  • Adhere little bling accents in ombre colors to match the background.
  • Punch a cute sentiment.
 Celebrate #lifeisajoyparade card by Kim Watson


  • Add some bold swashes of watercolor for the background.
  • Punch a sweet butterfly then paint it in bright colors.
  • Adhere puffy sticker dots in ombre colors to match the background.
  • Attach a cute sentiment from the Ephemera pack

Make a Wish card by Kim Watson


  • Punch an assortment of butterflies from left over scraps.
  • Arrange them in an ombre fashion.
  • Splatter background with ink colors to compliment butterfly colors.
  • Once dry, attach butterflies & sentiment from the Ephemera pack.
Eat Cake by Kim Watson



  • Cut a selection of paper strips, attach adhesive tape on the back.
  • Lay the strips in a pleasing patchwork arrangement, trim off extra.
  • Paint a cupcake Ephemera piece & allow to dry.
  • Attach accent to card with foam tape & a little bunched pile of thread.
  • Decorate with puffy stickers & a sentiment.
Trio of Cards  by Kim Watson


All done…four rainbow inspired cards, sure to bring joy to anyone who receives them. I hope you have enjoyed them. If you are curious how I created the backgrounds, be sure to take a look at my Youtube channel.

Thanks for visiting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!