Thursday, February 26, 2015

How to use 6x6 and 8x8 paper pads!

Do you squirrel away your 8x8 & 6x6 paper pads like I do?? I look at them & feel bad that I am not actually using them, so thought I'd challenge myself to try. This is the result!

8x8 pads don't have to be limited to mini books, I used 5 pages from a 8x8 pad to create the entire layered background on this double page. 

I am proud to share it was published in a local print magazine: Scrapping & Kei. Many thanks to Liezel & the team for selecting it.  

It page about one of my closest friends, Lisa. Everything about the page is a reflection of who she is. It is a gift for her birthday to be hung in her bedroom :)
  • She is a girly girl
  • Loves the pretty things in life.
  • Loves gold accessories & home decor accents.
  • Crazy about cute critters.
  • One of the strongest people I know. 
  • Has beautiful, kind & thoughtful personality.

Hello my Name is Lisa by Kim Watson

Supplies: Digital supplies: Actions by Sweet Shoppe; Cardstock: +Bazzill Basics Paper ; Patterned paper: +Cosmo Cricket , +Glitz Design ; Stickers, Paper leaves, Gold Brads: +American CraftsFrame: Jillibean Soup; Tags: Elle Studio; Wooden Veneer: +Freckled Fawn, Cosmo Cricket; Fabric pom-pom: +Basic GreyStamp, Ink: +My Favorite Things Stamps; Mist: Maya Road, +Ranger Ink ; Stencils: The Crafters Workshop; Adhesive: +TombowUSA , +Thermoweb , 3L; Tools: Scissors, Mat & Trimmer: +Fiskars ; Other: Typewriter, Vellum, Buttons. 

How-to create the collage background:

  • Select 'muted' co-ordinating paper designs.
  • Cut the pages into different width paper strips.
  • Layer over one another to create a well balanced collage.
  • Adhere along the top edges of the paper only leaving the bottoms loose for 3 dimensional texture.
  • Mist entire page with opaque white mist. Allow enough drying time. (White takes longer than usual colors.)
  • Splatter with highlight color and paint water color dots in a 3rd color, creating an interesting background.
  • Once dry, add decorative stitching.
  • Complete your page on top of patch-worked background. 

Paper leaves, journaling onto vellum, buttons, brads & tags make this page a winner! 



My title was matted onto a big stamped image by My Favorite Things stamps...isn't it divine! More buttons, a heart badge & glittered bling add lovely focal points to the page.

I hope this technique has inspired you to haul out those smaller pads & get them onto a scrapbook page.

I'm glad you stopped by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!