Friday, March 31, 2017

Make waves with Queen & Co Foam Front cards!

Hi everyone!
Kim Watson here today with a card created, using the fabulous Foam Front Waves Die & Card Set. What I love about the Queen & Co. shaker and die card kits is that they take care the hard part of putting the card together, we get the fun part...decorating them :D

Happy Birthday Card by Kim Watson

KimWatson_WishingYoutheBest_Q&Co_01

Cutting a piece of texture board 4 1/4" x5 1/2" I created an ombre effect using Shimmerz paints mists. To do this, I spritzed my craft mat with water, then made puddles of color, in order of how I wanted the colors to blend. Swiping the texture board through the colors left me with a gorgeous ocean inspired ombre color-wash. This I die cut into a wave card front.

KimWatson_WishingYoutheBest_Q&Co_02


Using the card foam front, along with the cellophane window piece, each wave was filled with a combination of toppers. The different varieties mixed together helped me match the surrounding ink colors more accurately. The effect is a pretty ombre, to match the color wash. Embossed & punched clouds make the cutest cluster at the top of the card.

KimWatson_WishingYoutheBest_Q&Co_05

A stamped boat image (Paper Smooches) with the sails filled in with aqua striped washi tape, adhered to a circular badge, a scattering of red buttons and a banner sentiment (Simon Says stamp & die set) are the perfect accent to finish off this sweet, summer inspired card.
Thanks for stopping By!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!