Sunday, April 09, 2017

See me in this issue + get your entries in!!


Yay! I am proud to share that this AMAZING #proudlysouthafrican magazine,
Scrap Affairs, is now on the shelves...not only here in SA but in Australia too. They have gone from strength to strength over the last year & I am so proud to be published in it. 
Congrats to Candice & her team!


Celebrate Friendship by Kim Watson 


White, is the new black, right? Take a look at this project that uses white & neutrals with gorgeous effect. The #january2017 Hip Kit Club kits were fabulous to work with...they just never seemed to end..so I had a ton of pretty#hipkitexclusivesproducts to use for this page. 

Clusters of pretty flowers, a combination of fussy cut flowers from Kimberly Krater Hutchison's paper & ephemera pack, cork from 1canoe2 for American Crafts & graphic flowers & leaves from a #freesubscriber printable I designed to coordinate with the January kits. 

Placed in a triangle formation, gives the page balance & interest drawing attention to the photo & journaling. Talking about journaling, because I needed more space for writing, I created a patterned paper panel under the photograph, then typed straight onto the vellum. It allows one to clearly read the journaling, as well as allowing the dotted pattern to show through. 

Lastly tiny white butterflies placed diagonally across the page are what was needed to draw everything together. I hope you like this idea...? Be sure leave a comment & let me know what you think.

Scrap Affairs sketch Contest by Kim Watson


This the sketch contest I designed for Scrap Affairs. You will find all the details in this issue. Remember you have an opportunity to get your page published, so it is so really worth entering. I look forward to seeing what you create! 
Happy days crafty friends!

Hugs


No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!