Thursday, February 21, 2008

Just not cricket!


Are you ready to be grossed out?

Here in the Cape we have been experiencing very unusual weather patterns...making this Summer the wettest & most humid, we have had in years. The result, other than being unbearable hot, is the infestation of insects that is plaguing the entire city. We have had a list a mile long of different critters (I won't mention the types, lest I freak my neighbours out), move into our home. 6 years in this house & I have never seen x1 cricket......This year...well, I have lost count at how many we have caught & destroyed. YuCK!!

Last night I was getting some serious scrapping done....out of the corner of my eye I noticed something black sprint across floor. When the realization dawned on me, that is was one of those disgusting singing nasties....I grabbed the closest thing to me....a CD I had on my scrap table. I lunged & squashed it. The blighter got itself firmly wedged in the center hole of the CD...& that's where I left him, until this morning. After breakfast, I thought I'd better go tidy up the squished bug ooze before someone stepped in it; that's when I thought I might as well immortalize him. I grabbed my camera & Clayton Cricket the 30th became my latest photo subject, as well my deep & meaningful post for today.

C.C, may he rest in peace......(golly it is disgusting isn't it?)


XXXX