Friday, April 03, 2009

It's RAK time!

If you didn’t already know, today is Blog Hop Friday! :)

It is the official Pink Paislee welcome to Spring & Easter and I together with all the other PP DT members have created some amazing projects to hopefully inspire you & get you into the Spring feeling. To visit all the other Pink Paislee DT blogs, here is a complete list.

Each year I make Easter baskets for my children, this year they will be getting these CUTE Pink Paislee ones filled to the brim with delicious goodies. I just know they will be a hit. To download the box template pop over here.


All the papers, press-ons & stickers I used are from the Enchanting line.

All the DT members from Pink Paislee have a questionnaire to answer in the hope that all you lovely PP fans might get to know to know us a bit better. Here is a bit about me:

1.) Where did you grow up? Do you still live there?

I grew up in Salisbury, Zimbabwe, which is a country in Southern Africa. I left there when I was a teenager & now live in Cape Town, South Africa.

2.) What is a typical day like for you?

Now that I am a stay at home Mom, my life is far less hectic than a few years ago, when I ran a clothing manufacturing company. So now in between house chores, groceries, my children & ordinary life….I scrapbook.

3.) What is your favorite fashion accessory?

I suppose that would be my wedding ring. I am not one for fancy jewelry & opt for colourful fashion beads but my ring is really special to me.

4.) What is playing on your ipod right now?

I don’t have an ipod, but I have Jack Johnson on the CD player.

5.) Name one television show that you MUST TIVO each week?

Honestly I don’t have much free time for TV but my bloke & I have just started the series 24 on DVD & are seriously hooked.

6.) What is your favorite movie of all time?

City of Angels with Mel Ryan & Nicholas Cage

7.) What is your favorite Pink Paislee product?

I love all the new paper lines!!!

8.) If you could only keep 1 scrapbooking tool what would it be?

My corner rounders from EK success, their guides come off so I can scallop paper edges with them.

9.) If you didn't scrapbook what other activity would you spend time on?

I would love to learn how to play my guitar better. I sing & if I could play better I would finally be able to put my songs to music.

10.) What advice would you give to someone who wants to start scrapbooking?

Be real to who you are as an artist. Don’t feel pressure to make your pages look like someone else’s because they are popular, or follow the ‘latest trend’ or fad. There is no wrong or right in scrapbooking, it needs to be an expression of who we are as individuals.

11.) What would you say your scrapbook style is today?

Hmmm! I would have to say it is an eclectic one with a mix of crafty & feminine accents, I LOVE patterned paper, haberdashery & sewing and I much prefer 12x12 multi photo pages over any other size.

You are probably still wondering about the title to my blog post?????

Well you won’t be disappointed….because Rebecca the owner of Pink Paislee has very generously has donated this unbelievable Pink Paislee RAK package for me to give away. YES you read right, this delish looking package of loveliness is up for grabs. All you have to do it comment on this post & tell me what your favorite scrapbooking tip or trick is. You have until Sunday 9am CST to comment. Please make sure that if you don’t have a blog, that you leave a contact email address, in case your name if drawn. :)