Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Yellow.

My day seemed full of yellow today. I woke up this A.M to Max holding a butternut squash to his ear.....saying: "Um..yes...I see, I'm not sure....oh really! That is great....no I don't know...OK, bye Stitch".
"Mama...ssshhh I am talking on the space phone with Stitch" (from Lilo & Stitch fame) & in case you weren't quite sure if you had read right...yes, he had a butternut to his ear.

Max...creative...funny & oh so cute!!!

We then realised, too late I might add, to boil the kettle in time for the scheduled electricity cuts. We thought it was 8.30 AM but at 8.15 AM off it went, so Tersh fired up our loud, fuel guzzling, smoke spewing, seriously loud generator. It took him much muscle power to coax the devil to start...but when it finally kicked into life, Tersh & Tammy (his designer) were able to carry on life as usual. Life in 'Aaaarfrica'......
Meet Bessie!

Meters of extension cables & plug adapters.

Priority at it's best...coffee & wireless internet get plugged in first LOL!

We had a kitten in the house this morning....Max discovered his mittens while I was sorting out his winter clothes this AM. Do you remember that rhyme...3 little kittens had lost their mittens....? He loves that story!

My child really squeezed my heart today, by presenting me with a yellow daisy he had found on a walk to the park. He turned to me & said: "Mama, this flower is for you because you are a very special person :o) & I love you very much!"...no jokes, I almost crushed his ribcage with my hug of appreciation. I am truly blessed to have landed a super cute kid like him to love. His love language is so mature, it often leaves me staring with my jaw open.

Well guys that's the long & short of my day...I hope yours was everything as great!
XXX

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely day....yum to the butternet squash! I love flowers...especially from my children.

    "Flowers are the children of the love between a man & a woman."

    ReplyDelete
  2. tht is soo soo sweet! did i tell you jordan loves gloves too? he calls them glubs. silly hot weather living kids with their outer wear fetishes. hee hee~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, what a sweet day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very special little boy KJ, but he gets that from his mama and dad. You've always been open with the hugs and kissies and I love you's with Max. Chip off the old blocks!!? Remember 3 little kittens and actions with gramsy? LURV your new phone :o)basically you eat after use!! don't let Clueless-Lane know about your latest, top of the range, difficult to get hold-of gaget, I'll never hear the end of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little boy! My kids are now so big that I find it difficult to remember the cute old days! I guess that is why we do scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, great blog. TFS! Wonderful layouts.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an imagination! Pity it starts at 6m huh!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our little corner of Onrus has had no power cuts these last few weeks. Yay! We drive a few hundred metres and it's all off. We're keeping quiet about it in case they feel they need to make things fair again....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love th eyellow flower and the yellow T-shirt too. Noticed and prefer the new header.(nothing but predictable hey?)Glad to be back to blog reading again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love th eyellow flower and the yellow T-shirt too. Noticed and prefer the new header.(nothing but predictable hey?)Glad to be back to blog reading again.

    ReplyDelete

Th♥nks for your comments!