Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Create an oversized DIY Fringe Butterfly accent!

As a subscriber you get the privilege of enjoying some fantastic exclusive cut files. This is one of them…The Fringed Butterfly. All I can say is WOW! The February 2017 kits are so, so pretty…the butterflies & the amazing colors, are what make this craft so much fun!
kimwatsonhappyhkc01(FOR A DETAILED STEP BY STEP ON HOW I PUT THIS CUT FILE TOGETHER, BE SURE TO WATCH MY PROCESS VIDEO; SEE BELOW.)
Starting with the cut file, but keeping in mind it would dominate a big portion of the layout, I started arranging things around the page. Tilting the butterfly to the left, left space plenty of space in opposite corners, which was how I solved where to place my photograph.kimwatsonhappyhkc02
I took the piece of ‘Oasis’ paper from Crate Paper & fussy cut a selection of roses suitable to fill the corners. The clusters, decorated with chipboard stickers & wood accents add to the bright, exotic feel of the page. I love how keeping them snug against the corners grounds the design without it looking too busy.
kimwatsonhappyhkc03
Fussy cut butterflies from Chasing Dreams were exactly what I needed to decorate the wings of big cut file butterfly. Using the x2 different sizes add dimension & balance. 
kimwatsonhappyhkc04kimwatsonhappyhkc05
I hope you have found this inspirational?  I had so fun creating it & I know you will too! Thank you so much for stopping by. Remember to grab our complimentary cut files to help you make the most of your kits.
kj-dt-graphic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!