As I mentioned the other day...I decided to make all my tree ornaments this year because my color theme & Christmas decor is so totally different from anything else I have done before & wonder of all wonders I actually got myself organised enough to take photos of my creative process.
Here is no. 2: (Scandinavian style)
#2 straw diamonds!
Our tree.....not quite finished yet...but almost there :D
- Black plastic drinking straws
- Strong twine or yarn of some kind
- Embroidery needle
- Sharp scissors
- Snip the straws into x9 pieces to your preferred length
- Using a single piece of yarn, thread x3 pieces of straw & position into a triangle shape
- Secure at the point where the straws meet
- Add another x2 straws making x2 triangles
- Repeat the process until you can make a mini pyramid shape
- Tie off the yard at the apex leaving long threads loose
- Using another piece of yard, add triangles to the bottom of the shape creating a diamond
- Once completed,, tie off yarn securely
- Knot the loose threads at the apex to create a loop
- Your diamond is ready to hang
Slip them onto your twig tree adding a sophisticated pop of black.
Remember to visit tomorrow for another tutorial.
So glad you stopped by!