Sunday, April 02, 2017

Mixed Media Dream Catcher

Engaged by Kim Watson
_kimwatsonengagedhkc01
Hi friends…Kim here, with a new page using the January 2017 kits & one of the amazing free subscriber cut files designed by Jessica Fabiano, to commemorate my brother’s exciting engagement on 3rd February 2017. We are so looking forward to their up and coming wedding & I wanted to create a page that was super special. The mixture of cut files, and mixed media helped me achieve the perfect look.
kimwatsonengagedhkc02
I had fun with the base page by creating a lovely collage of gesso, texture paste, Shimmerz, watercolor & gold mist. Then by cutting the dream catcher file in white cardstock, as well as patterned paper, I was able to create a 3D drop shadow effect. By attaching only the frame, I left the feathers loose further adding fantastic dimension.
kimwatsonengagedhkc03
Taking x3 feather ephemera from the Pink Paislee pack in the main kit, I slipped them in between the x2 cut file layers adding some pops of color. The cool thick cork adds, interest & contrast scattered around the page, balancing out the soft colors.
kimwatsonengagedhkc04
kimwatsonengagedhkc05
Layered frames & a notelet create an interesting cluster, decorated with puffy stickers & butterflies are the perfect detail for the bottom left side of the page.
kimwatsonengagedhkc06
Wanting a bright title, I got a little messy with the canvas alphas found in the January 2017 January kit. I covered my process in my technique video…but basically it is layers of gesso, x2 shades of pink paint & Heidi Swapp gold mist. The effect is fantastic!!
I really hope you liked my page & idea. I hope you are inspired to create a similar design with your January kits. Remember if you are looking for a great crafty community, be sure to join the HKC Facebook page and the HKC Member Forum.
Happy crafting friends 🙂
kj-dt-graphic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th♥nks for your comments!